Thursday, August 2, 2012

Guiltless Chocolate - Wha?

So I'm one of those people who struggles with how much I lu-u-uve food but want to be thin enough to not totally offend people in a bikini.  I like to eat healthy, but I'm down to eat a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's on occasion. It's been a little over a year since I had my first child, and luckily I've lost the 65 pregnancy pounds I gained before little man's first birthday, I'm sure in part due to breastfeeding. As most of us know, harder than losing weight is keeping it off.  So after a long, relaxing vacation, where I ate whatever and gained 5 lbs in a week, I've recommitted to eating healthier for a while, during the work week at least. And I've found even when you eat more food, if it's healthy food, I can still maintain my weight pretty well.

Let me tell you about my current healthy food obsessions:

Chicken caesar wrap. Ingredients: 6 inch whole wheat low carb tortilla, weight watchers brand shredded cheddar cheese, craisins, tomatoes, spinach, low fat caesar dressing.  Realizing that healthy can go out the window if there's too much of some of these ingredients, but keeping it small, it is a delicious lunch. Everything is fresh, natural, easy to transport from home to work and easy to assemble at my desk. Yum!

Unsweetened Almond Milk with Chia Seeds.  I got this recipe from the Dr. Oz Show. It is delicious and a great quick drink for when I am running out the door in the morning.  Sweetened with a packet of stevia and a little vanilla extract, it's like a breakfast milkshake with more Omega 3 and other good stuff than you could ask for.



Dark chocolate with cayenne and hot peppers. Another idea supplied by the Dr. Oz Show. I have a major sweet tooth and often crave chocolate. This satisfies the craving, and because it leaves a savory, spicy tingle on your tongue, that cuts that feeling that you have to have more. A perfect little sweet treat that I don't have to feel guilty about. Guiltless chocolate - I've died and gone to heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment